The Foundation is dedicated to preventing diabetes, contributing to increased awareness and supporting the search for insights that reduce risk and help diabetics to realize a better quality of life. Our focus is on youth and other 'at risk' communities with an emphasis on disease prevention and disease self-management through education, clinical innovation and sustained support. Finding new models of care for diabetic youth faced with the daunting challenge of moving from the pediatric to adult healthcare system is one of our key priorities.
Preserving a Legacy
The Foundation is committed to restoring and preserving the 107 acre historic site of Sir Frederick’s birth as a publicly accessible, unique venue in which families and visitors from around the world can enjoy a welcoming recreational experience combined with motivational education in the environment in which a great Canadian and medical giant was born and spent his early years.
Learn More >>
Help us realize the benefits of:
* Strengthened emphasis on diabetes prevention
* Enhanced scope and quality of diabetes-related education
* Increased focus on at-risk communities
* Shorter paths to practical outcomes
* Improved futures for children and youth with diabetes
* Helping families to live with diabetes
* Increased capability and depth of skill for patient monitoring
* Sustaining a unique legacy through an inspirational public venue